I am a big fan of making my own knitting accessories, having already made my own needle roll I no longer have to worry about losing my needles or finding the cat chewing one of the tips off. However storing your projects and yarn in plastic carrier bags and baskets is not very chic at all so I decided to go on the hunt for a knitting bag I could make myself which was practical and didn’t look like something your granny would store her knitting in. Here are a few ideas I’ve come across whilst searching the web…
1. Purl Soho’s Inside Out Bag is simple… maybe too simple?
2. The Sometimes Crafter’s Amanda’s Knitting Bag. This is my favourite pattern. It’s quite pricey but worth it as it looks professional and is very stylish!
3. You could knit your own tote and line it like these bags by Eccomin.
4. These zippable knitting bags by On My Honour are so cute and really good for keeping moths / cats / kids out.
5. This zingy number is maybe a bit mumsy – lose the button and modernise the colour scheme and you could be onto a winner – from Limeriot